The cold weather is upon us, and you may be considering installing a boiler with your new heating system. This time of year people often discover their old system has given out, or they decide their current system is just not meeting their needs. If you’re looking for something new, consider having a boiler installed, as it has many advantages over a forced air system.
Boilers are a hydronic system, working with water or steam. They work in conjunction with radiators or tubing in the floors to heat the air. Some of the advantages of this system are:
- Boilers provide even heat with no blowing vents which can cause a drafty feeling.
- The closed system means no allergens are being put into the air as in a forced air system.
- Increased humidity level in the air which promotes a healthier environment. Air blowing from vents can dry skin and nasal passages.
- Boiler systems are notoriously quiet. You won’t hear the system turning on and off.
- These systems can be easily customized into different zones so you can keep some rooms warmer than others, or even turn zones off when not in use.
- Some people associate boilers with old-time radiators. If those aren’t your style, there are new contemporary radiator designs that look great and will allow you to take advantage of a boiler system. And if you use a boiler to install radiant floor heat, you’ll never complain about having cold feet again. The heat radiating from the floor makes you feel warm and toasty even on the coldest days.
Contact Empire Heating and Air Conditioning – Atlanta Boiler Experts
If you’re looking into a new heating system for your house, consider a boiler. If you’re in the Atlanta area, contact Empire Heating and Air Conditioning for more information and an estimate.