Atlanta Flu Season 2013
According to the CDC, flu seasons are very unpredictable. Seasonal flu activity can begin as early as October. New flu virus strains appear each year. What can you do to help your family stay health during this flu season?
Here are some health tips to get you and your family prepared to battle the flu virus this year.
· Get your flu shot now. The CDC recommends flu vaccinations for everyone 6 months of age and older. Contact your family physician to find out more about the flu vaccination.
· Wash your hands frequently.
· When you are out in public, don’t touch your eyes, mouth, face, or nose. Flu virus germs like to enter the body through these areas.
· Try to avoid people you know that have the flu.
· Keep your body healthy by eating and hydrating correctly. It’s also important to get enough rest and exercise regularly.
How to remove flu virus inside your home – Install an Ultraviolet Light Air Purifier
What can you do inside your home that will help eliminate viruses? Install an Ultraviolet Light Air Purifier on your home’s heating and air conditioning system. This UV light can effectively improve your indoor air quality. Hospitals use them to keep their air clean, so you should consider one for your home. The UV light purifying system emits UVC rays that kill viruses, bacteria and mold. The unit is installed directly on your home’s heating and air system. As your HVAC system circulates the air, it will be treated with UVC rays to purify the air.
For maximum efficiency, UV lights should be used in conjunction with an electronic air cleaner or high efficiency air cleaner. Germs will slip past a thin filter. So, the best protection for your family is dual purifying systems. Keep in mind that all systems are not equal. Call Empire Heating and Air Conditioning at 404-294-0900 for advice on which systems work best together to ensure optimal indoor air quality.