Atlanta Fall Home Maintenance 2013
Fall season is a good time to get maintenance items accomplished at your home. The weather is cool and crisp in Atlanta. This climate makes it easy to work on needed home improvements. What do you need to focus on this fall season? Here’s a simple list for you to think about this fall season.
- Caulk windows and doors to keep your home weather-tight.
- Check your heating system – filters, pilot lights, and burners.
- Check your roof and gutters for water leaks and debris.
- Inspect your home’s insulation to make sure it’s up to par and ready to keep you warm this winter.
- Inspect weather stripping to ensure proper protection.
- Clean and vacuum dust from vents. Dust buildup can cause indoor pollutants.
- If you have a pool, winterize it.
- If you have a fireplace, clean it before building the next fire and inspect the flue.
- Change batteries in smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Clean and store patio furniture.
- Drain garden hoses and cover outdoor faucets with insulating covers. Turn off the water to the outdoor faucets and leave them open so they won’t freeze and bust in the wall.
- Don’t block radiators or heating vents with furniture.
Your Atlanta HVAC Maintenance Expert is Empire Heating and Air Conditioning
These tips are to help you jump-start your home maintenance this fall season. If you need any help with your home’s furnace, ductwork, pilot lights, or dust buildup. Call Empire Heating and Air Conditioning at 404-294-0900 today for your appointment. We are offering a $79 heating tune-up now to get you prepare for winter.