Heating Tune-Up Atlanta
Boy, it sure is starting to get cold outside, it may be time for a heating tune-up. Most home owners adhere to the, “if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it rule.” This should not be the standard rule of thumb when it comes to your home’s HVAC systems. Murphy’s Law states that when temperatures in your area are at their coldest, this is when your furnace or boiler will breakdown.
Tips on Heating Maintenance
Here are some simple tips on inspecting and maintaining your heating system to ensure smooth operation all season long:
- Over time, furnace filters can become clogged with dust and debris. This can cause your heating system to work harder and kick on more often in order to maintain the desired temperature. It is important for you or your HVAC professional to periodically check your furnace filter.
- Excessive Carbon Monoxide in your home can become an issue if your furnace is not checked yearly for possible leaks. Your HVAC professional can check and repair all connections to your furnace as well as test for high levels of Carbon monoxide gas.
- Your furnace blower must be inspected and cleaned of debris each season to prevent excessive wear to the furnace’s vital components.
- Furnace manufacturers often recommend the lubrication of certain furnace components. This will prevent wear which leads to equipment breakdown.
- Peak efficiency relies on proper gas pressure. Your HVAC professional can measure the output of your furnace and adjust it as necessary to ensure efficient operation.
Contact Atlanta’s Heating Tune-Up Expert – Empire Heating and Air Conditioning
At Empire Heating and Air Conditioning, we can make sure your heating system is tuned perfectly, just in time for the arrival of Old Man Winter. Make sure to check out our site often as we periodically add HVAC system maintenance specials. We proudly have served Atlanta, GA and the surrounding areas since 1985. For more information on how not to get left out in the cold, please contact us.