Are you having unexplained health symptoms? Irritated eyes or a persistent cough can be indicators of an air quality issue within your home. The existence of irritating particles, animal droppings and mold may cause allergies to long-term health issues for susceptible individuals. Responsible homeowners and renters can use this as a guide to determine when their air ducts require cleaning.
Clean the HVAC Air Ducts When Necessary
There are times when the air ducts require cleaning as part of their maintenance. An air duct cleaning in Atlanta does not need to occur on a regularly-scheduled basis. Homeowners do need to be vigilant for signs that it is time, though. It’s not recommended that you try to clean your ducts on your own; improper or partial cleaning can exacerbate health conditions by spreading contamination through the entire home, so let an expert handle it. Our experienced technicians recommend cleaning air ducts when certain conditions exist that create a possible health hazard.
When to get your air ducts cleaned:
- Can you see mold growing within hard surface ducts or on other heating and cooling system pieces? Call a service provider that can properly clean, remove and replace components of the air ducts, including insulation that has become moldy and wet. You can have your mold analyzed by a microbial laboratory to determine the type of substance and if there are any negative impacts to health from it.
- Have you recently had or are moving into a home that had a pest or vermin infestation? Duct cleaning is highly recommended, as some animal and pest droppings can be toxic when airborne and ingested.
- Do you see substantial particles being released from supply registers? This can occur from clogs within ducts because of an excess of dust and debris.
- Has someone in your home been feeling unusually ill without a specific cause? This could be related to the air quality within the home.
- Do you have a fuel-burning stove, fireplace or furnace? Have them inspected and serviced prior to each heating season in order to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.
How Empire HVAC Can Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
If you’re realizing that it’s time to have your air ducts cleaned, make sure you call professionals you can trust. Our duct cleaning process consists of sending a “comfort consultant” to your home to do a pre-cleaning inspection and to determine the best equipment to use for your cleaning.
In addition to cleaning your ducts, we also clean the blower compartment and treat your entire duct system with an antimicrobial treatment.
We have recently acquired a new air quality testing unit that measures six components of air quality: temperature, humidity, VOCs, particulates, CO and CO2.
Are You Overdue for a Duct Cleaning?
Since 1985, Empire Heating and Air Conditioning has been servicing Atlanta homeowners’ heating and air conditioning units. We offer duct cleaning in Atlanta and the surrounding Georgia communities. All technicians and installers are fully licensed and insured at this award-winning HVAC company. Call our friendly and professional associates at 404.596.6161 to schedule an appointment to service your air ducts today. Breathe easier with Empire Heating and Air Conditioning.