With winter fast approaching, it’s the ideal time to have a HVAC tuneup. Right now our cold-weather promotion begins with a heating system tuneup for only $89. For any other system at the same address, you only have to pay an additional $79. We’ll even throw in a high-efficiency air filter or a Wi-Fi thermostat if you have a new furnace installed this fall.
Keeping your HVAC system in good condition rewards you in many ways. You save money with a well-maintained system because it will function more efficiently and use up less energy to keep you safe and comfortable. Additionally, you may delay buying new equipment for a number of years by maintaining the current equipment .
Replacing or cleaning your system’s filters regularly also improves the quality of your indoor air. This can be especially beneficial to household members who suffer from seasonal allergies and those with very young children, fragile elderly or chronically ill family members.
We typically recommend a bi annual HVAC inspection to our customers as part of a proper maintenance schedule. If you want to find out whether your system needs a service visit, you can take the following steps:
- Open the hatch and inspect the interior of your system as closely as you can. Be sure to wear protective gear like a mask, gloves and goggles to prevent any injury.
- Look for molds, dirt or evidence of insect or pest penetration.
- Look for rust on pipes and any odd smells or sounds.
- Look for any structural damage, such as current or past leaks in the pumps and ducts of your HVAC system. Inspect your insulation and flexible connectors for holes or small tears.
- Check the valves, dampers and blades to determine their condition. Take note of frayed or defective parts.
Your Next Step
Your inspection should tell you whether your HVAC system needs professional servicing. Schedule a visit with a reliable and experienced HVAC contractor right away if your system showed any signs of wear and tear. If you aren’t sure or have any suspicions give us a call!
Waiting for your HVAC system to break down before calling in an experienced service technician will usually result in a higher bill. Regular maintenance is always the prudent choice. Keep in mind that an ounce of protection is worth a pound of cure. This adage holds true for medicine as well as for your HVAC system.
As heating and air conditioning specialists, we offer a full range of HVAC services, including Atlanta air conditioning repair, heating system installation and maintenance and HVAC equipment replacement. Call us for the regular maintenance of your HVAC system or any emergency situation.