Programmable Thermostats from Empire Heating & Air Conditioning
According to the federal Energy Star program, the average household spends more than $2, 200 a year on energy bills – nearly half of which goes to heating and cooling. Homeowners can save about $180 a year by properly setting their programmable thermostats and maintaining those settings. The Fall season is the recommended time to install a programmable thermostat to realize the greatest savings in the heating season.
Here are some simple steps to save energy with programmable thermostats.
- Purchase your new programmable thermostat from Empire Heating & Air Conditioning and have them properly install the thermostat. It is important to make sure your HVAC system is compatible with your new programmable thermostat.
- Properly set and use your thermostat – Follow these guidelines to achieve ultimate savings.
- 6 a.m. to 8 a.m.: < 70 degrees
- 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.: setback at least 8 degrees
- 6 to 10 p.m.: < 70 degrees
- 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.: setback at least 8 degrees
- Set your programmable thermostat in hold mode when you are on vacations or extended leaves from your home. This will save you money as well.
Call Empire Heating & Air Conditioning at 404-596-6161 to start saving today. We proudly serve the metro Atlanta area in Georgia including DeKalb, Fulton, Forsyth, and Gwinnett Counties. Visit our website to see our specials and schedule your appointment.