Atlanta Water Heaters
Water heaters need regular maintenance too just like your home’s HVAC equipment. The fall season is a good time to perform safety checks, regular draining and flushing of your home’s water heater. By performing regular maintenance, you will reduce energy consumption and add years to your water heater’s life.
Tips to reduce Water Heater Costs
Water heaters are one of the top energy consumers in your home. Here are some tips to reduce your water heater costs.
- Insulate your water heater
- Lower the thermostat
- Reduce the amount of water you use each day
- Upgrade to a more efficient unit if your water heater is old
- Consider a timer to conserve energy if you have an electric water heater
Why do water heaters fail more often in fall and winter seasons? Cold temperatures and cold ground make water entering water heaters colder which creates a greater temperature difference and causes a thermal shock to unit.
Water Heater Safety
Water heater safety is a must in all homes. Did you know that it’s important to make sure that your water heater is properly sized for your home and your family’s needs? Never set your hot water heater’s temperature higher than 120 degrees and never leave children unattended around water heaters. One very critical safety tip is keep flammable and combustible material at least 18 inches away from water heaters. By following the manufacturer’s guidelines and recommendations, you will ensure your family is safe.
Water Heater Replacement Atlanta
If you are interested in upgrading your water heater to a more efficient unit, consider the following features in your purchase.
- Energy Efficient Rating – Visit this link from Energy Star online to determine when unit is best for you.
- Dimensions of the new water heater – will it fit in the same space?
- Recovery Rate – will it be able to keep up with your family’s demand?
- Gallon Capacity – standard units come in 40-gallon or 50-gallon
If you have any questions or need further assistance related to your home’s water heater, call Empire Heating and Air Conditioning at 404-596-6161. We are here to help you.