Fall Season To Do List – Install a Programmable Thermostat
Programmable Thermostats from Empire Heating & Air Conditioning
According to the federal Energy Star program, the average household spends more than $2, 200 a year on energy bills – nearly half of which goes to heating and cooling. Homeowners can save about $180 a year by properly setting their programmable thermostats and maintaining those settings. The Fall season is the recommended time to install a programmable thermostat to realize the greatest savings in the heating season.
Here are some simple steps to save energy with programmable thermostats.
- Purchase your new programmable thermostat from Empire Heating & Air Conditioning and have them properly install the thermostat. It is important to make sure your HVAC system is compatible with your new programmable thermostat.
- Properly set and use your thermostat – Follow these guidelines to achieve ultimate savings.
- 6 a.m. to 8 a.m.: < 70 degrees
- 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.: setback at least 8 degrees
- 6 to 10 p.m.: < 70 degrees
- 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.: setback at least 8 degrees
- Set your programmable thermostat in hold mode when you are on vacations or extended leaves from your home. This will save you money as well.
Call Empire Heating & Air Conditioning at 404-294-0900 to start saving today. We proudly serve the metro Atlanta area in Georgia including DeKalb, Fulton, Forsyth, and Gwinnett Counties.