In Empire’s last blog post, we recommended a programmable thermostat to help you save money in the coming winter season. As a follow-up, we advise you to hire a licensed HVAC professional when purchasing and installing your home’s heating and air conditioning thermostats.
The internet is a great place to shop and purchase needed items for your home. In most cases, these purchases are beneficial and definitely help you save money. Buying HVAC thermostats online does not fit well into this online shopping scenario. We do not recommend purchasing thermostats online for the following reasons.
- Compatibility Problems
- Don’t purchase your thermostat online, install it yourself, and find out that it is not compatible with your current heating and air conditioning system. This will damage your home’s HVAC system resulting in costly repairs.
- Specific thermostats are required for HVAC systems related to heat pump, electric, gas, dual fuel multi stage systems. Thermostats with humidification, ventilation and wireless integration also have special needs.
- Warranty Problems
- Most HVAC manufacturers will not warranty thermostats purchased online.
- Online thermostat companies usually only offer 90-day warranties. Most thermostats purchased through a licensed HVAC contractor come with a five-year warranty.
- If your thermostat fails, most internet companies require you to send that product back to them within that 90-day warranty window. This will result in an interruption in your home’s heating and air conditioning service since your system will be left without a thermostat controlling it.
- Non-Professional Grade
- Most online thermostat companies do not offer professional grade thermostats because manufacturers sell professional grade thermostats through licensed HVAC professionals.
Empire Heating & Air Conditioning offers many professional grade thermostats to match your home’s current HVAC system at reasonable prices including a five-year warranty. Call us today at 404-294-0900 to schedule your appointment. We proudly serve the metro Atlanta area in Georgia including DeKalb, Fulton, Forsyth, and Gwinnett Counties.