Water Heater Replacement Decatur Georgia
For the most part, you replace appliances when they die, but that can be really inconvenient for a water heater. There’s nothing like getting up in the morning, turning on the water for your shower and waiting … and waiting … and waiting … and finally realizing the water heater bit the dust and you should’ve had it replaced.
So how do you know when it’s time to put in a new water heater? There are a few things to look for:
- Your water heater’s birthday. If it’s over 10 years old, you need to seriously start thinking about replacing. If it’s over 15 years old stop reading and call for an appointment.
- Puddles underneath the water heater. When a heater is reaching the end of its life span, small leaks will start to develop.
- Corrosion or rust on the outside of the heater. What you see on the outside is probably indicative of the condition of the inside too, so keep an eye out for that.
- Hot water starts to have rust in it, or leave behind rust stains in sinks. This means the inside of the tank is starting to rust and deteriorate.
- Hot water does not heat up as quickly as it used to, or you run out of hot water faster.
- Rattling or gurgling coming from a previously quiet water heater.
Decatur Water Heater Replacement Experts – Empire Heating and Air Conditioning
If some of these water heater symptoms are sounding familiar, contact us. Empire Heating and Air Conditioning can talk about replacing your water tank with a Bradford White Hot Water tank, which is one of the best performing products out there. You may also want to consider a tankless water heater, as it only heats water as needed, making it extremely efficient. Whatever you decide, don’t wait too long. While a cold shower is an effective way to wake up in the morning, a hot one is much more pleasant. Any questions, call Empire Heating and Air Conditioning at 404-294-0900.