HVAC System Woes? Here’s How to Tell if You Need Repair Services.
Having a reliable heating and cooling system in your home is important. You and your family need a system that works well to help you stay warm when it gets chilly outside, and cool and comfortable no matter how hot or humid it gets. So, if you’ve noticed your home is just not the temperature you’d like it to be, no matter how often you run your system, it may be time to consider having a trusted HVAC contractor give it a look.
Of course, you might not be entirely sure if your heating or cooling equipment needs repair services. Fortunately, there are a few telltale signs your equipment may give you before it breaks down completely – causing you to have to make significant repairs or even replace your system. If you notice any of these signs, your best course of action is to call Empire Heating & Air Conditioning at 404-294-0900 as soon as possible.
Three Ways to Tell if Your Heating System Needs Help
If you suspect your heating system is not working properly, it’s generally a good course of action to get in touch with your HVAC contractor as soon as possible. That’s because a heating equipment issue can cause fire or carbon monoxide production. You’ll want to get it fixed quickly so it doesn’t lead to bigger problems. Not sure how to tell if your heating system is in trouble? Here are three signs that it may be time for repair:
- Your energy bills are unusually high. If there hasn’t been a recent hike in energy prices, and you haven’t been running your heating equipment more often than usual, that generally means your equipment is having to work harder to get the job done – and there’s probably an issue that needs attention.
- Your home is extremely dusty. There’s good news and bad news on this front. If you notice a lot of dust blowing around when you turn on the heat, that means your filter is probably dirty – which is an easy and inexpensive fix, and one many people can do themselves. However, if your heating system has gone without maintenance for a prolonged period of time, that probably means your heating system is less efficient and less effective, has buildup, and probably needs service.
- There are strange noises coming from your system. Heating systems generally make some noise when they operate, but if you’re noticing pinging, squealing, or banging sounds coming from your system, it’s likely that there is an issue with internal parts like belts, motors, or fans, and your system should be serviced right away.
Three Signs Your Air Conditioning System Requires Repair
Like your heating system, your air conditioning system can give you some signs if it needs repair services, too. Some signs are the same – higher utility bills and strange noises can definitely indicate a problem with your air conditioning. But there are a few other signs that can point to the probability that you should call your HVAC contractor for help.
- There is ice buildup on your outside unit. This can be a sign that your unit’s refrigerant is low, there is an issue with the wiring, or the filter or coils are dirty. If you have ice on your unit, don’t attempt to remove it yourself, as it can cause greater damage to the unit. Call your HVAC professional for help, as this could be an easy – or a more labor-intensive – fix.
- There are cold spots in your home. If you’re noticing one area of your home seems to be a lot cooler than the rest of your house, then your AC system isn’t doing the job that it should be. This could have to do with the size of your system, your ductwork, or other factors.
- Your humidity levels are higher than usual. Part of the reason air conditioning systems do such a great job keeping your home cool is because they also help remove humidity from the air. So, if your home is humid and your AC is running, there is likely a problem that needs to be addressed.
How Empire Heating & Air Conditioning Can Help
At Empire Heating & Air Conditioning, we’re pleased to offer full-service HVAC contracting. That means, we can help you with any heating or cooling repair need you might have. When you choose us, you’ll always get the fast, friendly, professional service you deserve. All you need to do is give us a call at 404-294-0900, and we’ll be pleased to assist you with any HVAC repair need you have.