Ensuring Your Home is Ready for Your New Heating System
Atlanta Heating System Replacement
If you are considering installing a heating system replacement, there are some things to keep in mind to make sure your new HVAC components work efficiently all season long. Though a heating system replacement will improve your home’s overall warmth, be sure to check all related HVAC systems to ensure your home is as cozy and efficient as possible.
Systems to Check Before New Heating System Installation:
- Inspect your duct work: Heating air duct leakage can seriously effect how efficiently your new system operates. Checking the areas were duct systems connect for a good seal is priority.
- Check air conditioner heat exchange: If you currently have a gas furnace with whole home air conditioning, you will have an air exchange in your duct work. If the exchange becomes clogged or a seal is breached, air flow will become restricted or reduce in pressure. Make sure to seal any leaks to the exchange and keep the exchange clean and free of dust buildup and debris.
- Inspect furnace filter: Check your furnace filter to make sure it is nice and clean. Once the filter begins to clog, your system begins to suffer from pressure loss. This makes your furnace work harder to push hot air through your home.
- Room air balancing: Any HVAC system works at its highest efficiency when rooms through out your house are well balanced. This means when all the doors in your home are closed, the air pressure in each room should be the same.
- Check windows & doors: Sealing up leaky areas around windows and doors seriously reduces your utility bill. If windows and doors are drafty, your furnace will have to work double time to increase the temperature in your home.
Your Atlanta Heating System Replacement Experts – Empire Heating and Air Conditioning
For more information on how to keep your home nice and warm this winter, contact the professionals at Empire Heating and Air Conditioning at 404-294-0900, providing customers with whole home comfort since 1985. They can install your new system and perform regular maintenance to ensure your system is running as efficiently as possible.