Heating and Air Conditioning Decatur
Having to replace or install a new HVAC system during the extremes of winter or the heat of summer can cause any desperate homeowner to feel pressured into making a hasty purchase.
For the inexperienced, knowing what heating and cooling products are best for your home can be a challenge. Therefore, it’s important to talk to a qualified heating and air conditioning expert who can help you understand which solution is right for you. Asking the right questions regarding your needs and your budget can help you make an informed decision.
- What equipment is recommended for your home? A qualified expert can tell you which system is best, based on the size of your home, the climate you live in and the condition and placement of air ducts.
- What are the differences between the options? Aside from price, homeowners should consider efficiency ratings and health needs in terms of air quality. A trustworthy HVAC contractor can also advise whether you should upgrade your existing system or replace it with a new one. A newer, more efficient system may save you money in the long run.
- Does size matter? In a word, yes. An HVAC system that is too small cannot deliver adequate heating or cooling in extreme weather. On the other hand, a system that is too large may not only cost more, but may also provide poorer temperature and humidity control.
To ensure that your new HVAC system is the right size for your home, ask the contractor to perform a detailed load calculation or performance test. The load calculation determines the capacity of the equipment needed and the correct distribution of air to each room. Performance testing is the process of properly measuring the BTU capacity output of a system to determine if it’s functioning at full capacity.
HVAC System Financing
- Whether upgrading or purchasing a new system, cost is often the primary concern among homeowners. Ask your contractor about financing options, equipment warranties, state and local rebate programs, and special offers which can lower your overall costs.
The HVAC System Contractor
Most licensed contractors are competent, honest, hardworking and financially responsible. Asking the right questions and researching potential contractors can bring you peace of mind before opening your home and wallet.
- Homeowners should confirm that the contractor is licensed to do business in their state and is fully insured. Ask also about trade certifications, such as NATE (North American Technician Excellence), which is a certification program for technicians in the heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration industry.
- Does the contractor do the work or do they subcontract it to someone else? Make sure that the technicians doing work in your home are employees of the actual HVAC company, are fully trained and insured and that the company stands by the work of all of their technicians.
- What’s the contractor’s schedule for getting the work done? A good contractor can provide you with an accurate time estimate for completing the work and will have adequate staff to ensure the job is finished on schedule.
Decatur HVAC Systems Expert – Empire Heating and Air Conditioning
Empire Heating and Air Conditioning is the best HVAC company in Decatur GA and has been proudly serving the metro Atlanta area since 1985. Our main office is located in Decatur, Georgia with a satellite office in Cumming, Georgia. We service, install, and repair all makes and models of heating and air conditioning equipment. If you need additional information about our products or services, please contact us.