Do you need a Better Air Filter for your HVAC System?
Atlanta Air Filtration
Are you suffering from the sniffles, sneezing, and watery eyes? If your answer is yes to this question, then you should consider installing a better air filter on your home’s heating & air conditioning system.
When considering a new filter for your home, please remember that not all filters are equal. In order to get the best benefit from an air filter, you need to have it installed directly on your home’s HVAC system. Room air cleaners are not sufficient.
There are two main types of air filters for your home’s HVAC system that can remove particles from your indoor air – mechanical air filters and electronic air cleaners.
1. Mechanical air filters remove particles like dust, pollen, and smoke by capturing them on filter materials. There are flat and pleated options.
2. Electronic air cleaners trap particles by an electrostatic attraction. When the particles move through the filter, they receive an electrical charge and are collected to the electronic filter.
How do you know which is the right type of filter for your home? Consult with a licensed HVAC contractor to identify the types of particles you want to eliminate. Then together you can find the best fit for your home and family to target the elimination of those particles causing you the most problems.
Empire Heating & Air Conditioning has been serving the metro Atlanta area since 1985 with indoor air quality solutions. If you need assistance in choosing the best air filter for your home, please contact us at 404-294-0900.
Empire has written several other articles about indoor air quality. Please click on the links below to read more details.
- How Weather Affects your Allergies
- Germicidal Lights improve air quality for a healthier home
- Air Filtration in Metro Atlanta
- Sale on Duct Sealing in Atlanta
- Duct Sanitizing for a healthier home
- Benefits of High Efficiency Filters
- Combating Winter Germs