Heating Installation and Repair Decatur GA
Much as we wish there weren’t, there are a lot of misconceptions about heating systems. Here are four myths about heating system installation and repair we thought you should know about.
Heating System Myths and Facts
- Myth #1: There is no need to have a heating system checked unless there is a problem.
- FACT: All mechanical equipment needs routine maintenance in order to perform well, and that includes HVAC systems. Having your system serviced and cleaned on a regular basis can actually prevent repairs in the future, since dirt is one of the leading causes of equipment failure.
- Myth #2: Residential heat pumps tend to break down more than other heating systems do, since they are used year round.
- FACT: Heat pumps are just as dependable as any other type of heating system. They are more likely to break down due to improper maintenance than they are from overuse.
- Myth #3: The air filter in my furnace only needs to be replaced once a year. In between filter changes, I can simply vacuum it to remove dirt.
- FACT: Vacuuming will not remove dirt that is embedded deep inside an air filter. For best results, you should plan on changing your filter every one to two months.
- Myth #4: Closing off registers in rooms that are not being used will save me money on my energy bill, and will not cause long-term damage to my equipment.
- FACT: Homes with a forced heating system in them contain units that have balanced pressure loads throughout them. When registers are blocked, this can effectively cause the entire system to become unbalanced, thereby forcing it to work harder than it should. This puts unnecessary wear on moving parts, and can actually cause you to need repairs much sooner than you would have otherwise.
Heating Installation and Repair Experts – Empire Heating and Air Conditioning
When it comes to heating installation and repair, it’s important to separate the myths from the facts. Contact Empire Heating and Air Conditioning in Decatur, GA for solid information you can rely on.