Six Ways Empire Can Help You Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
Right now, people across the globe are concerned about the air they’re breathing because of the pandemic caused by COVID-19, also known as the coronavirus disease. At Empire Heating & Air Conditioning, we know you’re concerned, too, and we want to assure you that we can help. We’re glad to offer products that can keep your indoor air as clean as possible, so that you and your family enjoy the best possible comfort.
There are many indoor air quality (IAQ) products and solutions that can help reduce and mitigate airborne viruses, bacteria, mold spores and other environmental contaminants. At Empire, we have the knowledge and skill to bring you the very best of these solutions for your home. Below, we’ve listed six ways we can assist you when it comes to your home’s indoor air.
Here’s how we can help you.
- Consider installing UVC germicidal lights. These units are installed in the ductwork of your central heating and cooling system and they will help reduce airborne viruses, bacteria and mold spores. In many cases two lights are advisable for best performance.
- Consider installing outside air ducting to your central heating and cooling system. Adding some fresh air to your indoor air can help relieve pollution that is trapped inside your home and ensure you have a positive pressure in your home. When outside fresh air is added to your home it creates a positive pressure which will help with the number of outside contaminants that get pulled into your home. There is an old adage “The solution to pollution is dilution”, and this still applies today, and in fact this is even more important in today’s trying times.
- Improve your filter. If your system uses a standard 1” filter we would recommend you consider a 4” pleated filter to do a better job of cleaning the air. One of the best is the F100 or F200 made by the well-respected Honeywell Corporation. These filters can make sure that up to 97 percent of dust particles the size of 3-10 microns are captured out of the airstream. Good air filtration is the first step in providing an essential clean and safe environment in your family’s home.
- Perform an air quality test. Our technicians are equipped with air quality monitors that check the six leading indicators of indoor air quality: temperature, humidity, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, volatile organic compounds and particulates. Getting a snapshot of your indoor air quality will provide us with the information we need to determine if you and your family could benefit from one our many different indoor air quality packages.
- We recommend you run your fan continuously. All the great products like UV germicidal lights, filters and fresh air ducting only serve you when air is moving through the system. Set your fan switch to “on” to keep the air flowing. Additionally, we have furnaces and air handlers that are designed to always have the fan running at a low speed, even when your heating and cooling system is off, allowing for air filtration for your family 100 percent of the time. And now with government HVAC fan requirements, these new furnaces and air handlers will utilize so little energy so you won’t have to worry about them being on for a longer period of time.
- Choose annual maintenance. Keep your system in proper working order and perform maintenance on a regular basis by ensuring your system inspected by a trained HVAC technician at least twice a year.
Contact Us Today to Learn More
Empire is ready to help you get the IAQ solutions you need, so you and your family can breathe easier. We’re taking every step possible to respond to the COVID-19 crisis responsibly and with your best interests in mind. As an essential business, we’re glad to be here for you during this time. Simply give us a call at 404-294-0090, and we will be more than happy to assist you.
Recommendations are based on best practices, CDC and ASHRAE information*